Student Success Report
Term: Fall 2009 (201010)
Department: Physics and Astronomy (PHAS)
This report was prepared by the Office of Institutional Research on 11APR12.
Source: Official Student Enrollment (Type 1), Student Class (Type 2), and Student Degrees (Type 5) files as submitted to the CPE. The table PODS.mst_student_course is used to get grades for each class. These grades are current and come from live data.
|Headcount Enrollment||EKU Cumulative GPA|
|AAS in Science for Engineering||4||1||2||1||.||.||.||4||.||3.5||3.21||.||25.0%||.||50.0%||25.0%|
|BS in Physics||63||24||16||8||14||1||.||59||4||57.2||2.81||11.1%||15.9%||23.8%||25.4%||23.8%|
|BS in Physics 3/2 Mech Engr||3||.||1||.||2||.||.||3||.||2.3||3.33||.||33.3%||.||.||66.7%|
|BS in Physics Teaching||3||1||.||1||1||.||.||3||.||2.4||2.09||33.3%||.||33.3%||33.3%||.|
Headcount Enrollment: Number of Majors by Program and Student Level and Full/Part-Time Status, plus Student FTE (FTE based on credit hours enrolled)
EKU Cumulative GPA: Distribution plus mean by Program
Programs with enrollment less than 3 are excluded.
|Degrees||UG Retent. (3yr Avg)||GR Retent. (3yr Avg)||Six-Year Graduation Rate||Headcount Enrollment Change %||Degrees Awarded Change %|
|Program||Awarded||Frsh 1-yr||Soph 1-yr||Jr 1-yr||Sr 1-yr||1st-yr||2nd-yr||3rd-yr||Fresh||Trans||Grad||1-year||5-year||10-year||1-year||5-year||7-year|
|AAS in Science for Engineering||1||22.2%||33.3%||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||-33.3%||.||.||0.0%||.||.|
|BS in Physics||4||60.3%||65.7%||55.6%||70.4%||.||.||.||37.5%||33.3%||.||57.5%||46.5%||250.0%||300.0%||0.0%||-20.0%|
|BS in Physics 3/2 Mech Engr||.||33.3%||55.6%||38.9%||.||.||.||.||.||.||.||-25.0%||-25.0%||0.0%||-100.0%||.||.|
|BS in Physics Teaching||1||33.3%||66.7%||66.7%||66.7%||.||.||.||.||.||.||0.0%||0.0%||.||.||.||.|
Degrees Awarded: Number of Degrees Awarded by Program - Terms used were Summer 2008(200850), Fall 2008(200910), Spring 2009(200920).
Undergraduate & Graduate Retention (Average of Three Previous Years):
- Freshman One-Year Retention Rate by Program (first-year to second-year for graduate students): Percent of prior years freshmen in program who returned to EKU for current year.
- Sophomore One-Year Retention Rate by Program (second-year to third-year for graduate students): Percent of prior years sophomores in program who returned to EKU for current year.
- Junior One-Year Retention Rate by Program: Percent of prior years juniors in program who returned to EKU for current year.
- Senior One-Year Retention and Graduation Rates by Program (third-year to graduation for graduate students): Percent of prior years seniors in program who graduated or returned to EKU for current year.
Six-year Graduation Rate: Six Year Graduation Rates of New Freshmen, New Transfers, and New Graduate Students starting in the program.
- Six-year Graduation Rates - Cohort term Fall 2003(200410) and ending with Spring 2009(200920).
Headcount Enrollment Change: One-, Five- and Ten-Year Changes over time in Headcount Enrollment by Program
Degrees Awarded Change: One-, Five-, and Seven-Year Changes over time in Degrees Awarded by Program
|N used in
Courses Offered: Course Enrollment, Number used in Mean GPA, Mean GPA, and DFW Rate
- Mean GPA - A, B, C, D, F - Excludes FN
- DFW - A, B, C, D, F, U, S, P, W - Excludes FN, UN
- DFW Calculation = Sum(D,F,W,U)/Sum(A,B,C,D,F,W,U,P,S)*100
The terms used to produce this table were Summer 2009(200950), Fall 2009(201010), Spring 2010(201020).
Courses with enrollment less than 3 are excluded.